Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Middle Finger of Life is to have a Big Mole

Since all my relatives grown up, the new year mood has been less exciting. I still remembered the time when I was very young, running around the 'kampung' playing fireworks and also playing cards. Now everyone is too old to run around and not much people to play cards with. But this year it's a little more cheerful with some nephews starting to grow up and play with, so it's still not that bad.

And I was grateful this year that my dogs are safe and sound. Last year's tragedy really made the worst new year of my life. I guess the donations that I'd made on new year's eve really paid off. I went to this monastry and made the biggest personal donation from my account to the buddhist monk. The activity is called offer 'dana', where you offered the monks food and gifts. I bought a robe for RM60 to give it to the monks, and the management would resold the robe to people like us to buy again. It's like giving them money to sustain their monastry in a legit buddhism way; monks cannot accept money from others.

Anyway, giving is about sharing merits. To say that I hope for nothing back in return is a lie. I do wish for good karma, a better luck, and also wish for my dogs to be safe and sound. Everytime we give something we'd subconsciously asking for something in return. It's just like asking a girl out for a date, treating her expensive dinner and giving her flowers, it's either to win her heart or to get into her pants; either for a good reason or a bad reason. 

I should learn to give more and make more donations. Sometimes opportunity is about luck, no matter how hard you're ready for opportunity but it never came, it's pointless. I'm not that greedy, I just need enough luck and opportunity to make enough money so that I could personally hired a domestic maid to take care of my dogs, so that I wouldnt be that worried going back hometown during chinese new year. But then, it's not possible for me to hire one coz you need to have either old people staying with you, or have children to be eligible. Guess I need more luck in getting a wife soon enough too ..

I'm not that greedy, I just have a 'Big Mole' in life... :p

Happy Moo MOo year everyone ~ ~

p/s: translate the above title to cantonese for better understanding of it :P

3 Comments:

Blogger mishan said...

sang ming geh zhong zhi hai dai lap mak??

12:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sang ming geh zhong zhi (principle of life) hai yao dai ji (ambitious)

8:56 AM

 
Blogger mishan said...

ohhh... it's yao dai ji..
i tot it'ss dai lap mak
lol...

11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home