Monday, March 21, 2011

Level of Intelligence ~

I read an article about leveling the brain today, and to convince myself that my brain keeps leveling up from time to time, I tuned into National Geographic HD and there's this interesting program about Large Hadron Collider. Amazingly, the whole project was done by a group of super smart scientist with lotsa PHD and have alot of brilliance aura.

In case you have no idea of what LHC is, it's the world's largest and highest-energy particle accelerator. And what is this LHC thing does ? To prove some most complicated scientific experiments like ..


~Is the theoretical Higgs mechanism for generating elementary particle masses via electroweak symmetry breaking actually realised in nature?

~Is supersymmetry, an extension of the Standard Model and Poincaré symmetry, realised in nature, implying that all known particles have supersymmetric partners?

~Are there extra dimensions, as predicted by various models based on string theory, and can we detect them?

~What is the nature of the dark matter that appears to account for 23% of the mass of the universe?

~Why is gravity so many orders of magnitude weaker than the other three fundamental forces?

........ (more to go) .......

And after reading from wikipedia on all those, I don't even have the slightest idea on what they are actually testing. Suddenly feeling very very stupid.

Guess I should just go to sleep .. wake up and pursue my own happiness in a different way instead of leveling up my brain. I'm gonna challenge the kiasu-ism of Malaysians and have breakfast in mcD since it's SUPER CHEAP ..

SHALL BEAT THE QUEUE ~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home