Tuesday, February 07, 2006

hailat

hai-lat adj.
1. Getting yourself in a very bad situation
2. Screwed-up

Above adjective is actually a cantonese word which means 'vagina-drop', used to express a feeling of getting screwed in a bad situation without feeling much anger and hatred. Hatred expression will normally use 'diu' aka f*ck etc. Normally the word 'hailat' is used when you've done some mistake or something wrong and you'll just blame yourself for the stupidity. Don't ask why people use 'hailat', it's just a common cantonese term in the cantonese ah beng's society.

Recently I'm really hailat. Yesterday due to my stupidity I accidentally washed my red shirt together with my white jersey and resulted 'hailat' situation. Of course you could guess that the jersey turned red. I was trying to bleach back the colour today but all attempts are unsuccessful.. hailat!

Then today nearly big 'hailat'. I was polishing my precious silver ring while waiting for my friend to go to campus. So I was wearing the ring which was hung on a necklace. Then after hours of sleeping in the library I attended two classes only to find out 'hailat' ! The silver ring dropped out from the necklace. That momment was so 'hailat', afraid that I couldnt find back the ring.. I've no idea how to tell her about it.. Ran around the campus to the place I've been, asking the library staff and went to the previous class venue. Luckly I cud still find it .. or else .. hailat !

I'm so gonna be alot more careful !

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

" Orange hair = mandarin orange = ONG " (Kianshen, 2006)

I am here to prove the above to be so wrong.

Eqn 1: orange hair = no bad omen

Eqn 2: no orange hair = bad omen

Eqn 1 + Eqn 2:

orange hair + no orange hair = bad omen + no bad omen

Factorise:

orange hair ( 1 + no ) = bad omen ( 1 + no )

Thus, orange hair = bad omen

Well, you should thankful as the day might turn out worse with your orange hair. ( Thank God that your orange hair is not permanent ). So... baik pergi 'amend' your latest comment .. memalukan muka saje. :P

4:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... za dou

5:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...
Hailat..dis word also can be use..
haha..becareful ya~da ring.. meaningful for u huh..
Dis lately i damn bad luck also..
Sigh i guess really bcoz of i trimmed my hair on Chor3 dat day as wat u had said to me..haha
Ciaoz~

12:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home