Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Life, Marathon

I always like running, especially in marathon, although I'm not a good runner nor have any physical advantages. Running in marathon has this sense of achievement that if you struggle and hold on till the very end, you'll eventually reach the finish line. I love such feeling of accomplishment, moving on telling yourself that every steps you have made make you a step closer to the finishing line. I love people who work hard to fulfill their dreams without giving up.

Above is a screenshot from the latest TIME magazine about desert marathon, where contestants need to challenge some of the world toughest terrain. If I have the opportunity, I would really want to participate on them. We only have one life to live on, and it would be great that we have run across those places and experience every single bit of it.

As the matter of fact, we're always running in our lives, just in different pace, different finishing line, different course and different obstacles..

Just like how I'm running in my relationship, it's like running on a course without knowing where is the finishing line is, just keep running and running. But the worst thing in a marathon is not about how far the finishing line is, but to have your legs failing on you, and you failing yourself.

If we could run, we should run and never give up.. and eventually it will be the sweetest moment when you cross the finishing line..

2 Comments:

Blogger WaiWai said...

.... not used to seeing this side of you where you talk so meaningful and serious things. Hehe. Anyway, I do agree with you. We do run everyday. We run because we're late. We run because we want to reach a place faster. We run because....... we saw Kian Shen!!! *gasp*. Okay okay okay.. sorry sorry. I do agree that the part when we cross the finishing line will be the sweetest moment, even though different people will cross it different way. Some will run, walk, crawl or helped by another friend. The main point is we cross the finish line. *clap clap clap* Bravo Kian Shen. I think we should meet up soon cause I think you might have turned into another Kian Shen. Haha.

10:14 PM

 
Blogger WaiWai said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home