Thursday, May 04, 2006

Love is...

I just came back from my grandma's funeral. Losing someone that you love, it feels like losing a part of yourself that proof your existance. It is not that significant to me since my attachment and memory towards my grandma is not that much. Everyone was doing fine, but still it's a hard time for people who are too attached with her.

My grandpa is the most affected. When my grandma had her last breath, he was holding her hands and asked her to wake up. He knew that it was her last moment. He hugged her, touched her face for the very last time and kissed her before she was placed and sealed inside the coffin. Every midnight he would look at her sleeping inside, in depression he would took out a cigarrete and smoke.. with some tears on his eyes.

He was over 80 something. He is a stubborn person. He always scold my grandma and both of them alwiz argue. He called my grandma 'oi' and my grandma will call him 'chao hi lang' (pekak/deaf in hokkien). Recently both of them like to have a stroll with the maid, and since my grandma couldnt walk much she will be using wheel chair.They will have small chat on stuff that was happening around. The week when my grandma was admitted to hospital, he was walking alone with the maid and the maid told me tat it's such heartbreaking when passerby that recognized this couple asked about where his partner was. Now he will have to walk alone without his dearest partner. It's such a hard thing to lose someone that has been most of your life. He told my aunt, "It has been 63 years.. she married to me when she was 17 !"

This is why we shouldnt get too attached with someone. But life without sincere love is meaningless. My aunt asked me when did I started having relationship with my gf and I told her 18. She grinned and said that I'll never be able to beat my grandpa and grandma =p

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After read your this blog entry, i thought back of my grandpa who was died 2 years back. Although i was not too close with him but he's still my grandpa..still the feeling of lose him still inside my heart..

1:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Death is inevitable in our lives. Death is just like conception..

11:04 PM

 
Blogger Chika Chika said...

the feeling of loosing somebody that u love is always be the worst feeling eva!

3:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home