Friday, March 02, 2007

Aint Life Weird Yet Funny?

Chinese New Year is the time when you visit your friends and relatives to know how they are doing, how fat they have been, who are they hook up with and etc. rather than just knowing the fact that they are still alive for the past 1 year. Somehow my relatives have a very weird habit, which is to bring their gfs and bfs along during CNY visiting. Maybe doing so will sattisfy the desire of my grandma who wish to see all her grandchildren get married while she's still alive.

Grandma and my other aunts will pressure me and my brother to bring along our 'gfs' due to the fact that every of my cousins are either married or have shown their partners. It is funny to think back when I was still young and those aunts will say "boy.. study first dont paktor paktor!"
Anyway, CNY is the only time we'll meet up with relatives that is not much significant in our lives. Although I meet with my relatives once or twice a year, most of us will have alot of common topics to banter about. There's only this particular sisters that I'd NEVER talk to with for 19 years (considering the fact that I could talk at age2). Somehow it's either they are weird or we(every other cousins of mine also never had a single conversation with them) are abnormal. Maybe it's the communication barrier that exist without much reason between us.

I had a very close friend who used to had alot of conversation until this very invisible yet scary communication barrier make us soo distant..

Me: Hi
Friend:Hi
Me:How u been up to?
Friend:Nothing much <- conversation killer ranking as high as :)

..........

Nowadays our conversation would happen like maybe once a month in an average of 10 words. The conclusion we could get from the conversation is that both of us are still alive =p


Still its great to find out that your friends are still alive :D


Chap Goh Mei is coming and will mark the end of CNY, thus no more mahjong for me anymore.. Hope everyone would have a great day on 15th night and of course I'll go to those riverside to pick up those mandarin oranges thrown by single women.. desperately coz had been promising my aunts to bring a gf back next cny ...

haha it's gonna be another long year !

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home